Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In the midst of all this, a definition for God

My wife complains that I keep jumping from pleasure giving thing to another and that I don't stick to anything for long. Just a week ago it was Avial the band and now Roopa of Super Star Global. Soon she says I will be onto something else. I admit this is true. This is not just my nature but the nature of man. We put our heart and soul into things that give us fleeting moments of joy deceiving ourselves thinking they will last forever. Inspite of this I must say that some couples have managed to keep their "True Love" as fresh as it was when they first met. But True Love is in fact spiritual and divine. However not many have had this good fortune.

But then is there something that is always fresh and new, always beautiful and young and always happy? I believe this leads us to one of the definitions for God. God is forever young, forever the most handsome and the most beautiful and forever bliss. That is why our seers always request us to seek Him first.

Mat 6:33 - "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

I need to remind myself these words of wisdom constantly.

No comments: