Friday, September 11, 2009

My cousin's son debuts as music director

Abishek, (Original name Ragesh) who works as a recording engineer at Chithra's studio in Chennai has composed 5 songs for Kalabhavan Mani's next multi-lingual movie titled "Black Stallion". Check out this catchy number which is sure to be the hit from the movie. I should also mention Rimi Tomi who provided the female vocal for this duet and who also shines in this song.



I was in Chalakudy when Ragesh recorded this song with Mani and I missed the opportunity to watch the recording though it is actually not a very enjoyable thing. You are doled in this sound proof room where you cannot get out and where just as in the world of acting, innumerable takes of different portions of the song are made. The final song is then made via a cut and paste job. I did watch an M.G.Sreekumaran recording at Chithra's studios once and decided I would never get into that room again.

Ragesh has done numerous recordings for music directors. Among several hits he has recorded one notable song that comes to mind is "Kangal Irandal" for the movie Subramanyapuram.

"Black Stallion" by the way is produced by my cousin Jagadesh Chandran whose father, my Valliyachan had passed away recently.

No comments: