Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Great weather in Chennai

After years Chennai is enjoying some very pleasant weather. Thanks to the rains this season. Imagine shopping in busy Usman Road or Ranganathan Street at midday without breaking a sweat. I see Sabarimala pilgrims wherever I go. I remember the good old days when I used to prepare for the pilgrimage to Sabarimala with my father and brother and when we had to wake up early in the morning, take bath in the cold water and head off to the temple for our prayers and "saranams". I doubt if I can be disciplined now like I used to be then. A jacket or a sweater is a must in the mornings and the evenings. Come February and March and things are going to change, and in some parts of the city the woes of the rains are far from over but in the meantime let's enjoy the good weather. What better time to enjoy Mardi Gras at I.I.T, Madras that I haven't been to in years. Did I say Mardi Gras? Those were the days before it became Saarang.

No comments: