Monday, May 12, 2008

Watch this movie if you haven't


I stopped writing my movie reviews on Amazon.com since last October (that was a long time ago!) as I was planning my own movie review site. However that project doesn't even seem to be taking off. But here's a movie that I cannot help writing about. In fact I am not going to review it as it will turn out to be a spoiler for those of you who haven't seen the movie yet. That said, if there is one movie that you need to be watching it MUST be "Cloverfield".

The sheer beauty and creativity of the screenplay is wonderful. Like I wrote earlier anything I mention further would only spoil the movie if you were to watch. This is one of those movies you must not even watch the trailer. I didn't. I think it is Stanely Kubrick who doesn't release theatrical trailers and I don't think that is a bad idea. All I had seen was the poster (image above) which gave me an impression it was some alien vs humans movie. Full marks to the director Matt Reeves and the crew for what they have delivered. This movie has great scope for a sequel and I cannot wait to watch that one too.

Beg, borrow, steal or download, you cannot afford to miss "Cloverfield".

1 comment:

सौरभ said...

Thanks for letting me know about this movie