Saturday, February 10, 2007

January, 2007, the month that was

Although I still look forward to the rest of the year as one of my most important years in my career January has had its bitter and traumatic moments. First the death of my ex-colleague's wife. She was only 31. It was a shock to all of us. I didn't know I had to be meeting my friends of my ex-company at such a tragic occassion. I cannot say how many times the phrase "Forgiveness in the face of Death" has crossed my mind in those days. Death makes everything seem in this life so silly and ephermal. The very next day my nephew fell ill and continues to languish in a hospital in Chennai with a heart condition. The only saving grace was Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba's visit to Chennai. I, Suji and mother were blessed to have a "darshan" of him and better still a closer "darshan" from just a few feet as he passed us in his car.

Today Ganesh-Kumaresh are giving their concert that I am looking forward to very much. I had been to the duo's previsous fusion concert which was one of the best I had ever been to and this one should only be better. Inspite of all the happenings only God knows how I rushed on Thursday morning to Narada Gana Sabha to get my tickets. A.R Rehman (that's the Malayalee spelling) and Vikku Vinayakram will be inaugurating their new CD the occassion must serve as a getaway from the bitter moments of January.

No comments: