Sunday, September 04, 2005

Talented Sada

Audience: Tamil movie-goers.

After watching her second (atypical and focussed) interview on TV on "Vinayaka Chaturty" day I had better write about this new talent before it is too late.

It was early to mid 2003 when the Telugu version of Jayam (I think it was Sada's first movie) was released. What I cannot forget is the very poor and insulting comment made then by a female colleague about the upcoming actress. I did not watch the movie and neither did I watch the Tamil version realeased months after the Telugu one. Only a couple of songs ocassionally caught my ear. I was also under the impression that Sada was from A.P. Now that was a poor guess, something one should never make about heroines in Telugu movies. After the Jayam run I remember Sada in a saree advertisement and then a Madhavan starrer called "Yethiree" which never saw the light of day. But I did notice that Sada seemed to emote very well in her song sequences and also make some fine moves. All the while I did remember the insulting comment made on her.

I then watch the movie "Anniyan", released just a few months earlier. Sada blew my mind away! This was the first time I was watching a full lenght movie of her's and I couldn't believe her evolution and tranformation from the girl in Jayam. Her dancing was flawless and her acting dedicated and confident. She exuded genuiness and enthusiasm. For a girl from the north and someone who speaks very little Tamil her lip-syncing was perfect. She was just adorable.

Coincidentally "Jayam" was being telecast and I couldn't believe I sat through 4 hours of Sun TV to watch the movie. Sada did not disappoint. She was perfect in every frame. Luckily for her, both the Jayam and Anniyan scripts and screenplays provided for and matched her spontaniety. For a girl who does not have even a sari in her wardrobe (yes, she said that in her interview) she was such a natural in the traditional south-Indian half-sari.

Her next movie "Priyasakhi" is running in the city now. I hope I get a chance to see her again. By the way, I believe she stars with Ajith in his next venture too.

I am sure my colleage who made that remark on her has a very different opinion on Sada now.

I am just watching "Run" on Sun TV (yes, that old movie, even remade in Hindi). Meera Jasmine is looking pretty and doing quite well. The movie seems to be moving well too... but that will be another post.

No comments: