Saturday, July 18, 2009

The TATA bus in Singapore

The first Tata Nano or the US$2000 car (I am told fully loaded ones could cost upto $4000) was given to the first customer yesterday. Coinciding with the release of the Nano I have an interesting story.

In early 1996 while working in Singapore I used to stay in an apartment at the Spottiswoode Park area located across the street in front of Singapore General Hospital. I stayed there for almost a year. My workplace was at Suntec City Tower and I used to take a bus to work. While waiting at the bus stop everyday a TATA Bus would come there to pick up employees to a company. It was way different from the automatic-geared Volvo's. It was half the size of the Volvo's and it wasn't air-conditioned either but it used to feel so good to see a TATA bus picking up Singaporeans to work. Wonder if it still in service. Maybe it still is. Wish I had taken a pic of the bus.

1 comment:

Mustang said...

Heyy

Me nominated your blog for Kreativ Blogger award.
Check this page out...

http://mustang312.blogspot.com/2009/08/kreativ-blogger-award.html

cheers
D