Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Spider Man 3, INOX and other things...

Two weeks ago I made my first trip to the Chennai Citi Centre (Oh yes, long overdue) and what a pleasant trip it turned out to be. Just a month ago people of Chennai woke up to read on the front page of "The Hindu" that the mall was given a notice of demolition for violation of some construction laws. I am sure by now it has been taken care of. We were six of us and we could reach the destination faster and quicker than reaching the Sathyam complex. We opted for Valet parking and the entire thing was a pleasant show. Shopping inside was neat and convenient too. The entire place looked well maintained.

Inox was our destination and the complex was as good and even better than the complexes I we had been to abroad. Everything was picture perfect and very well maintained. I had booked SpiderMan 3 tickets online and unlike the Sathyam's online site you don't need to possess an online account to book tickets. Talk of things getting better.

I must say it was a good experience at the movie. I thot' Spiderman 2 was my favorite but I guess Sam Raimi had no other choice for this installment and therefore you get more melodrama. The FX are terrific most of them done here in Chennai by Frameflow (now Sony Imageworks). After wathching movies at home on T.V and Computer I did find the sound pretty loud at the cinema but then it has to be that way, isn't it?

My wife and son had the privilege of seeing S3 at Sathyam on Day 1 of its release. Thanks to Jaya's friend who is a multi-media designer at the company that did the special effects for S3 and who is offered complimentary tickets for the show, well actually a "Project Presentation" because the entire project team behind the movie along with their project managers from the U.S.A were all there. Anu would tell my wife which scene she had worked on and so on. When the final credits were being shown the entire team waited to read the names of their project managers and colleagues. She also introduced my wife to the other programmers and designers mentioning the scenes they worked on.


And at as usual, who is the celebrity I see this time when I go out with my sister Suji? Actress Radha and her daughter. How sad I couldn't say a few words. There were hardly any who were recognizing her. Some old timers did but their faces did show doubt as if not sure who the person was. Oh wonderful it would have been to have told her how 9'th Std at school was my most memorable year of my study life and how her debut film "Alaigal Oyvathillai" was one of the reasons.

And for those of you who haven't watched "Unnaale Unnaale" and plan to do so, please make sure you watch it on screen. The title song has been pictured at the Chennai Citi Centre. It's a lovely film and as usual Sada delivers a great performance. I had written about her acting earlier on this blog and I must say, after "Anniyan" this is her next good performance.
"Mozhi" is another movie that is worth you while too though it has Jyothika who in my opinion was never destined to be an actress. I know many of you are already up-in-arms against me but that's just my opinion.

No comments: